Hi! I’m Shari!
I’m a photographer
My work is about reminding you of all the love in your life — your family, your significant other, and even yourself. Even when life isn’t Pinterest perfect.
I do not believe the words “I am not photogenic”.
Photographs do not need to be a judgement on anyone and a photography session does not need to be painful.
Are you looking for the following?
- photos that make you say “that is so us!”
- a photography session that doesn’t make your spouse say “is it over yet?” (I’m looking at you dad!)
- no stress of having the perfect matching clothing or perfectly behaved children
- photos that celebrate your relationships
- documenting THIS time in your life (those heady days of the newly engaged, the excitement of starting married life, or the long days and short years of raising children).
- I went to photography school, studied 10 different genres, then took years teaching myself to stop copying others and find my OWN style.
- I got married in front of 11 people plus 4 on Skype in a green cocktail dress with a man of honour and a best woman as attendants. I love small weddings and I don’t believe you have to follow tradition if it doesn’t speak to you.
- I spent 3 years in Japan teaching children English. I have taught over 1000 children (aged between 2.5 – 15 years) and anyone who says Japanese children are better behaved than Canadian children clearly has never been to Japan. Nothing your child (or groomsman) will do, can shock me!
- I’m a terrible cook (getting better), avid Netflix and Pinterest user and a dancer with the worst case of nerves. I have three fur babies and a huge collection of essential oils (I justify this by reminding myself that I have limited myself to 4 camera lenses).